The Public-Private Partnership Development Program (P3DP) works with the Government of Ukraine and community leaders to create the environment needed for PPPs to improve infrastructure and public services. P3DP assistance enables municipalities to become more resilient to growing budget constraints by working effectively with the private sector to mobilize investment and expertise, engaging citizens early in decision making processes, and ensuring that open, fair and transparent methods are used to identify and contract the best suited partners.
Funded by USAID and implemented by FHI360, the Program works closely with municipal governments and the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade in five key objective areas:
1. Improving the Legal and Institutional Framework for PPPs. We provide legal analyses, participate in policy discussions, contribute to draft legislation, and advocate for reform conducive to PPP development at the national level, making PPPs a more viable option for financing infrastructure, health, education, and public service projects.
2. Supporting the National PPP Unit. The National PPP Unit provides support to municipalities, regions and government agencies implementing PPPs. P3DP builds its institutional capacity, develops tools for monitoring PPPs, and provides guidance on strategic issues.
3. Increasing PPP Knowledge and Skills. P3DP conducts practical skills workshops, knowledge seminars, and conferences on PPPs for government officials, private sector representatives, NGOs and the general public. We also provide support on strategic communications for PPPs to ensure that all stakeholders are included.
4. Developing Pilot PPP Projects. P3DP serves as transaction advisor to government for pilot PPP projects throughout Ukraine. We provide support and advice at all stages of the PPP process, from concept to contract award. P3DP enjoys a solid reputation as a neutral broker between government, the private sector, NGOs, and the public to bring PPPs to fruition.
5. Mitigating Climate Change and Support Clean Energy. P3DP’s program adheres to global best practice in ensuring that all its activities mitigate climate change. Improved energy efficiency and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions is an integral part of all our program activities.
P3DP assistance will result in bringing benefits to Ukrainian citizens through improvements in healthcare, education, parks and recreation, solid waste management, transport, and renewables and energy efficiency.
This site is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of FHI360 and do not necessarily reﬂect the views of USAID or the United States Government.